Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Finished Project...Or Two!!

I finally finished a couple things I've been working on to sell. My sock monkey obsession started just before Christmas last year. We needed Christmas gifts for nieces and nephew and wanted to get them an old-school type gift...we had a few ideas but sock monkey really stuck in my mind. I'd seen them advertised in the newspaper so I figured we'd just find out where to buy a bunch of them. I started searching online for them and that's when I found a really simple tutorial on making them. I bought all the supplies and started sewin'. :) They were so EASY! I've made a bunch more and I'm going to try and sell them at the quilt show this weekend.


The other project I've been working on is pantyliners. A few months back I found the greatest, environmentally friendliest, feminine hygiene product called a Diva Cup. (http://divacup.com/) I'd recommend it for any menstruating woman...if you can handle dealing with what comes outta you. :) They're good for the environment, they've been around since the 1930's, DON'T cause Toxic Shock Syndrome (because they don't strip your body of the natural mucus), have a life of ten years or more and only cost $40! For backup for the cup some genius started creating (ok, probably hundreds of years ago) cloth pantyliners. Which don't get all foul-smelling like store bought liners do. Hurray! I made a few for myself and then kept going. I'm also hoping to sell them this weekend.

No comments: